About Wellbeing Software
Wellbeing Software helps deliver better patient care by providing healthcare organisations with simple, integrated technology for seamlessly accessing full patient records.
Through our specialist radiology and maternity information systems, and our experience in clinical data management, we are experts in healthcare software connectivity.
Our widely-used solutions combine all information from across a range of specialities, locations and services to improve workflows for healthcare professionals, enabling them to work more easily and effectively.
As DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for the technical aspects of a project both from an internal and external perspective, identifying and engaging with key stakeholders from across the business to deliver optimum technical solutions in the context of our customer environments/requirements.
- Assist the business in the adoption of a DevOps culture.
- Working closely with key stakeholders to deliver the DevOps transformation delivering process automation.
- Manage and maintain internal infrastructure platforms, ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
- Assist in the development/maintenance of the CI/CD pipelines to ease the delivery of the Wellbeing Software product suite.
- Work with the wellbeing technical teams in optimizing the delivery of that software.
- Produce high quality documentation to support the project deliverables.
- Assist with pre-sales producing High Level Design, Statement of Works documentation.
The applicant must have:
- Proven experience of driving and implementing a DevOps culture.
- Strong Linux skills.
- Strong scripting skills (Bash, Perl, Python, YAML).
- Solid understanding of infrastructure, network, storage and server technologies (physical and virtual).
- Experience of zero downtime software delivery in an enterprise environment.
- Keen adopter of Open Source technologies with a proven understanding of the LAMP stack.
- Ability to create clear and accurate technical documentation.
- Experience of pre-sales activities.
- Be self-motivated, capable of establishing and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent team working, a professional attitude, positive outlook and a sense of humour are a must.
- CI/CD appropriate tools (Jenkins/GitLab).
- RHEL 6/7/8 (and derivatives).
- Databases (Relational / NoSQL).
- Virtualization (VMWare).
- Containerization (Docker/LXC).
- Security (Nessus/OWASP).
- Web Servers (NginX / Apache).
- Automation (Ansible).
- Software packaging/delivery (RPM).
- Monitoring (Zabbix/Nagios).
Reporting to the Clinical Programme Manager, the main responsibilities of the Project Manager role will be:
- Managing the life cycle of multiple project activities during deployments including monitoring of project plans and ensuring appropriate resource availability to meet all key milestones.
- Managing client relationship and expectations throughout the project
- Managing transition of deployment of solution into live service and working with client to achieve user acceptance and deployment verification milestones.
- Internal reporting of project status and escalation of issues and risks
Project Management experience in the NHS/healthcare industry is essential. Prince 2 qualification is a desirable requirement.
Previous experience in Maternity or Radiology/ PACS/ RIS is highly desirable and working knowledge of maternity or Radiology Information Systems will be a distinct advantage.
Although you will be required to spend some time within our office in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire there is a certain amount of flexibility around applicant’s location ideally based in the Midlands. The role will involve time on client sites where necessary so you must be willing to travel.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Managing and engaging with the customer through the lifecycle of a software upgrade
- Planning upgrade cutovers and resources for the completion of upgrades
- Providing relevant documentation and ensuring RFC’s are completed and approved
- Working with the customer to ensure relevant upgrade pre-requisites are completed to agreed timescales.
- Managing the post upgrade activities (Early Life Support, lessons learnt and post implementation reviews and sign off)
- Keeping Configuration Management updated
You will be working closely with other members of the Operational teams to ensure Service Delivery meets or exceeds customer expectations in relation to contracted services.
A qualification in ITIL Service Management and experience in the NHS/healthcare industry is desirable.
A working knowledge of Radiology Information Systems will be a distinct advantage though is not a necessity.
We require a dynamic and versatile software developer to complement our existing team. The successful candidate will be flexible, organised, collaborate effectively with other team members, possess good communication skills, and have a sound understanding of web development technologies and Java. The successful applicant should also be pro-active and always looking for opportunities to contribute and to improve technical solutions and services. A flexibility and a willingness to learn new technologies is essential.
The successful candidate should:
Have a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Studies or a related subject, &/or commensurate experience in the workplace.
Have an appreciation of the design, development, testing and release of software, using a range of development methodologies and frameworks.
Be comfortable developing new systems or supporting existing ones.
Be self-starting and be able to work independently when required.
Participate in technical and strategy related discussions.
Show strong communication skills.
Be interested in experimenting with emergent technologies.
The successful candidate should have experience in the following technologies:
Any experience with other elements of our software stack:
Java 8 – Spring Boot, Reactor, Gradle
Material design – CSS, Sass.
Linux, Git, PostgreSQL, Jenkins, Docker, RabbitMQ
and with Agile development methodologies TDD / BDD would be advantageous.
As a Technical Specialist you will be responsible for maintaining 24 x 7 service, performing project delivery for new and existing customers on time and to a high standard. You should be professional, innovative, flexible and able to adapt to changing situations and work environments, creative and able to think “outside the box”, have a genuine concern for quality and be a team player.
We are entering the next phase of our evolution with streamlining our deployments, embracing automation with many new and exciting challenges ahead.
We are looking to hear from exceptional, enthusiastic and talented people who want to be part of our journey.
- Provide technical support to internal and external staff,
- Perform problem management and monitoring of the Technical Services call stack,
- Deliver technical projects on time,
- Perform technical training for other team members or internal/external customers,
- Produce technical documentation,
- Develop own skills through self-learning.
Technical Knowledge – Essential
The applicant must have strong technical expertise in the following or equivalent technologies:
- Linux (Red Hat and derivatives)
- High availability technologies
- Server/storage infrastructure
o Physical installation
o Understanding/configuring RAID
- Backup/recovery methodologies
Technical Knowledge – Desirable Experience in the following technologies or equivalent would be an advantage:
o Installation/replication/configuration/tuning/upgrading/backup and recovery
- Web Servers
- Monitoring solutions
o Zabbix / Nagios
- SQL Knowledge
- Ansible Automation
- Docker / Containers
- Software Packaging / delivery
Wellbeing Software Group is defined by our innovative culture – an environment that rewards creative problem solving and rapid decision making. We encourage people to be bold. We work in small teams and move fast to develop new products, constantly iterating and improving.
At Wellbeing Software Group our 4 healthcare technology companies develop innovative and highly effective clinical information systems, for over 25 years. We are a proven market leader in 3 out of 4 of our business units and continue to strive to deliver sustainable growth while developing solutions to well defined problems.
Be part of our healthcare:connected journey
Data is the foundation of healthcare delivery, informing and transforming services by providing insight into patient care and efficiency. Throughout a person’s life they may encounter a range of health and social care services from general practice and radiology, to maternity and oncology. All of the data obtained by these specialities represents a complete patient history, but are so often siloed within disparate systems.
Our mission is to bring those information sources together as one seamless entity, granting healthcare practitioners a single view of each patient and a centralised source of vital patient data that can be used to improve healthcare outcomes.
We are looking to hear from exceptional, enthusiastic and talented people who want to be part of this journey and become part of a highly motivated team of professionals, working together to shape the future of the global healthcare IT market.
If you feel your skills, talent and experience can be a vital contribution to our present and future success, apply for one of our positions in Nottinghamshire today!