National Institute for Health Research: “The Future Is Now” Event
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network (CRN) is inviting senior leaders and decision makers from pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostic and contract research organisations to attend its national industry event.
The theme for this year’s event is ‘The Future Is Now’ and provides a platform to discuss the latest developments and opportunities in the UK clinical research environment.
We’ll be examining the new era of clinical trials, focussing our lens on patient centricity and asking: ‘Where is clinical development heading next?’
What else to expect…
● Keynote speech from Lord O’Shaughnessy, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Health, Department of Health and Social Care, on delivering the life sciences industrial strategy
● Plenary presentations on key topics including: NHS England’s programme of work to simplify and strengthen research in the NHS; how we are taking research to patients in the UK, and an industry perspective on the future of clinical research
● Parallel sessions examining hot topics such as:
○ Entering a new era: Real world research, adaptive trials and looking beyond the NHS
○ How we are maximising our medtech might
○ Accessing NIHR support to deliver patient-centric commercial trials
○ How to engage with leading research-active NHS clinicians and leverage their expertise to successfully deliver studies in the UK
● Opportunities to pose questions to a panel of UK clinical research experts (life sciences industry, charity, regulator, NHS clinician) who will be debating and discussing their five year views of the UK clinical research landscape.
London WC2B 5DA, UK
London WC2B 5DA, UKGet Directions