Working for Us
Data is the foundation of modern healthcare, informing and transforming services by providing insight into patient care and efficiency. Throughout a person’s life they may encounter a range of health and social care services from general practice and radiology, to maternity, pathology and oncology. All of the data obtained by these specialities contributes to the patient’s medical history, but are so often held within disparate systems. We use leading edge technology to deliver products and services that bring those information sources together into a combined view and enables healthcare practitioners to see all of the health records for that patient in one place and hopefully improve diagnosis and treatment plans.
We are an agile and innovative business looking for exceptional, talented individuals. Working in small teams, problem solving and rapid decision making is our speciality. If you would like to join us on our journey and believe you have the right blend of attitude, knowledge and skills, our current vacancies are displayed below.
We are only able to employ you if you have the unrestricted right to work in the UK and cannot offer sponsorship.
A note for recruiters:
We know the recruitment world is tough right now. We have established relationships with a small number of trusted partners and are not reviewing these anytime soon and hope you understand and respect this. Please do not contact us offering candidates – if appropriate we will engage with our partners at the appropriate time.
Are you an experienced Trainer looking for a role where you can combine your passion for training delivery with a working knowledge of Radiology processes? Do you have an outgoing personality and enjoy developing blended learning activities and producing technical supporting documentation? If so, then this role may be for you.
We are looking for an additional trainer to join our training team to plan and deliver product training to both our customers and colleagues within the business. Working closely with our product, development and sales teams, you will be curious, taking the time to understand our various products, their features and benefits and communicate these through a variety of delivery mechanisms including including eLearning, webinars and on-site classroom style activities. You will also need to be a highly effective and engaging communicator, able to deliver technical concepts in a clear and concise manner across varied audiences and within supporting technical documentation. Naturally reporting and course evaluation form an essential component of our continuous improvement ethos.
This role covers the entire UK and Republic of Ireland so regular nights away from home and working on client sites is an essential part of the role. You will also need your own vehicle, full driving licence and be flexible in your working routines.
To be considered you should ideally:
- Be an experienced trainer having delivered blended learning activities through remote tools such as MS Teams together with on-site classroom style delivery
- Have experience using CRIS or a similar Radiology Information System (RIS)
- Have a working knowledge of standard operating processes within a Radiology Department and their application to a Radiology Information System developed within a clerical, informatics, or clinical role
It would also be an advantage if you have:
- Experience of eLearning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline
- Experience of MadCap Flare Helpfiles Authoring or equivalent content management packages
- Knowledge of SCORM and common LMS types, formats, and standards
Linux Systems Administrator
Wellbeing Software provides a leading software platform within the Healthcare sector, supplying Radiology, Pathology and Maternity information management solutions throughout the UK.
The successful applicant for the following post will be flexible, organised, collaborate effectively with other team members, possess excellent communication skills and enjoy working for a modern high tech and high-profile company.
You will be based within our office in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.
To support our continued growth, we are currently seeking an experienced Linux System Administrator supporting and securing the company’s server and cloud infrastructure, providing expert technical capability and guidance to teams throughout Wellbeing Software.
This is a crucial role to the health team and will see you provide a model of governance that will help drive future strategy and projects whilst proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
Tasks in the role of a Linux System Administrator at Wellbeing Software:
- Analysing, developing, interpreting and evaluating complex system design and architecture specifications, data models and diagrams in the development, configuration and integration of computer systems.
- Responsible for VMware cluster using VSphere and take complete responsibility for platform upgrades, maintenance, system administration, workflow development, creating and removing VMs and all other work in the environment.
- Responsible for installing and maintaining RedHat Enterprise servers.
- Automating tasks using scripting tools such as Ansible to improve efficiency.
- Maintaining and using monitoring systems such as Zabbix.
- Developing and maintaining operations services including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Jenkins.
- Assessing and recommending improvements to applications, software, communications and operating systems.
- Providing specialist skills in supporting and troubleshooting system problems and emergencies.
- Installing, configuring, testing, maintaining and administering new and upgraded software applications and servers.
- Providing network programming in support of specific business needs and requirements.
- Preparing and maintaining procedures and documentation for system applications and resolution of faults, enhancements and modifications to applications, and maintenance instructions.
- Participating in the evaluation of new equipment and conduct server installation and configuration.
- Conducting problem analysis and resolving server software and hardware problems.
- Managing and optimising server and network attached storage.
- Maintaining technologies (including user access, access policies, etc.) to ensure server security; and
- Performing server and security audits, and system backups and recovery using Veeam.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines, balancing competing priorities and responding to client needs.
- The ability to build effective relationships with co-workers and clients, including: the ability to
- Successfully work under pressure in a complex and competitive business environment; and,
- Quickly adapt to the changing needs of our clients, and work with other teams to ensure those needs are met.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- You will have:
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
What we offer:
- A highly attractive remuneration package with a competitive reward structure to reflect the value we place in your expertise.
- Continued training and education opportunities to support you on an exciting career path.
- A supportive environment that empowers you to thrive and gives you the autonomy and accountability to shape your own success.
If this sounds like you and you are ready to join a world class team then please provide your application and CV. All applications will be kept strictly confidential.
Our people are the essence of our business. We value differences, skills and experiences and bring these together to build high performing teams and deliver enterprise level secure information management solutions to clients across the UK and Australia.
We are able to achieve the success we have because of the strength of our people. We are a diverse workforce and treat people fairly regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
Technical Services Manager Based Mansfield
To improve our operational effectiveness, we have created a new role of Technical Services Manager who will lead, motivate and manage our operations engineering team who support the deployment of our software products and resolution of technical issues for existing customers. Software Delivery is key to our business – ensuring we deliver products that meet the needs of our customers in line with technical specifications and on schedule whilst exceeding agreed service levels and customer satisfaction.
Constantly looking for more effective ways of doing things, continuous improvement will be fundamental to ensuring we evolve software delivery and existing deployment processes to be quicker and more effective, utilising automation where appropriate and simplifying processes whilst ensuring we adhere to best practice standards in cyber security and data management.
You will manage a multi-skilled team, promoting seamless and effective collaboration and continuous improvement in all we do, ensuring a customer first attitude and quality are key whilst enhancing alignment with DevSecOps.
- Managing resource capacity across multi-disciplined technical teams
- Identifying and prioritising opportunities for automating software deployment
- Leading the implementation of Agile methodology across the technical delivery teams
- Securing reduced costs for services and deployments whilst reducing time-to-market
- Exceeding customer service levels, maximising system availability and delivering improved performance and reliability for critical healthcare support systems
- Resolving technical customer issues in an effective and timely manner and supporting a continuous learning environment where knowledge sharing is second nature
You will need to understand infrastructure, delivery of software into customer systems and automation tools across both Linux and Microsoft platforms. You will need to have extensive knowledge of the following:
Technical skillset to include, but not limited to:
- Linux, Opensource products and Microsoft technical stacks
- Automation tools, e.g. Ansible, Octopus, Jenkins etc
- Estate Management tools – Monitoring, CMDB
- Cloud Technologies – Azure
- Database Technologies, Postgres, MSSQL Server, Oracle
- General IT Infrastructure and Networks
- Degree in an IT, Computer Studies, or a related subject (or equivalent experience gained within the workplace.
- At least 5 years’ experience of managing multi-disciplined technical teams within a technical delivery environment and working to SLAs
- Demonstrable experience delivering efficiencies through continuous improvement activities and technological innovation
- Vendor Management of 3rd party suppliers
Desirable Skills or Experience
- Knowledge of the NHS and Secondary Care clinical systems
- Familiarity with:
- Agile , ITIL, Prince II methodologies
- Source control
- Proactive problem solving
- Managed services and high availability 24×7 systems
- ISO27001, ISO9001 and other quality standards
- Cyber Security, Cyber essentials