Backend Developer- Flexible Location
Our Software Developers are key to our business, producing software in line with the requirements of our customers and in accordance with our product development framework.
This may involve designing completely new products or evolving existing products to improve the customer experience.
As part of a software development team using Agile methodologies, you will work with our Software Architect to support a number of Scrum teams and participate in the delivery/maintenance of core back-end services which provide key API’s for the products to consume.
You will work across various teams and their technology stacks, to ensure that service based software is written according to the specification and timescales agreed with the Product teams.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Requirements
You will need to understand the design, development, testing and release of software using modern development methodologies and a range of frameworks with a ‘right first time’ attitude. You will need to have extensive knowledge of the following:
- Core Java
- Application frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot, Spring Framework)
- Versioning control systems (e.g. GitHub, GitLab)
You will also need to be an effective communicator, working collaboratively across cross-functional teams, and able to help translate customer requirements into software specifications and working software.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Studies or a related subject (or equivalent experience gained within the workplace).
- At least 12 months experience in using Java
- At least 12 months experience in developing service API’s.
- Competence in C# and .NET Framework
- Competence in writing SQL and PL/SQL, preferably using PostgreSQL.
Desirable Skills or Experience
- Agile development methodologies and frameworks
- Continuous Integration Tools
- Design patterns
- Healthcare Interoperability Standards (HL7, DICOM)
- Information security concepts, including SSO.
- WIndows COM interfaces
- Enterprise service bus / message bus
- Cloud service models and delivery
Knowledge of the NHS and Primary Care clinical systems.
If this vacancy is for you, please get in contact with us.