Are you an experienced database developer looking to join a business at the heart of improving patient healthcare through digital technology? If so, then we may have the role for you. We are looking for an experienced database developer to join our in-house team of specialists.
The database developer will work as part of a team of database developers making up the Database Services team. They will influence, innovate, and drive database design, provide innovative solutions for customer requirements, such as data migration and ensure high levels of service, database performance and availability across our large customer estate. Our database developers work alongside application developers, project managers and our operational service team. Our key database technologies are Microsoft SQLServer and PostgreSQL.
Our team of database developers work on a variety of tasks including:
- Development and delivery of data migration projects, from third party and in-house systems.
- Design and development of our product database components.
- Database optimisation.
- Development and maintenance of ETL processes.
- Support of operational database systems.
If you are interested in joining our team and in particular have experience of using a modern RDMBS, then we’d love to hear from you. Your key responsibilities are:
- Develop stored procedures using procedural languages.
- Tune SQL queries and be able to read and understand query plans.
- Understand the ongoing challenges of using a RDBMS in an enterprise environment including managing performance and maintenance activities.
- Provide technical support to internal staff and customers.
- Deliver technical projects on time.
- Produce technical documentation.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Using a modern RDMBS, especially SQLServer
It is essential to have up-to-date experience of using a modern RDBMS. SQLServer is preferable and PostgreSQL is a distinct advantage. Experience of a procedural language such as TSQL, PL/SQL or pl/pgSQL is essential.
- Complex SQL
The ability to write complex SQL, tune queries and be at home reading a query plan. Be able to investigate query performance on operational databases.
- Relational database design
The ability to recognise a well-designed database. An understanding of database normalisation and the compromises that sometimes necessitate breaking it. An understanding of indexing, constraints and so on.
- Data Migration
Ideally, experience of migrating data into production systems. At the least, an awareness and understanding of the processes involved and familiarity with some case studies.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send us your CV and salary expectations.