Linux Engineer- Mansfield Based.
Do you want to play a key role in ensuring our Server and Cloud Infrastructure are cyber secure and operate with optimal effectiveness and availability? We are looking for an experienced Technical Systems Administrator to support our continued growth, providing expert technical capability and guidance across Wellbeing, and delivering a governance model that will support future strategy and project delivery.
Some of your key accountabilities will include:
- Analysing, developing, interpreting and evaluating complex system design and architecture specifications, data models and diagrams in the development, configuration and integration of computer systems
- Responsible for VMware cluster using VSphere and take complete responsibility for platform upgrades, maintenance, system administration, workflow development, creating and removing VMs and all other work in the environment
- Responsible for installing and maintaining RedHat Enterprise servers
- Automating tasks using scripting tools such as Ansible to improve efficiency
- Maintaining and using monitoring systems such as Zabbix
- Developing and maintaining operations services including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Jenkins
- Assessing and recommending improvements to applications, software, communications and operating systems
- Providing specialist skills in supporting and troubleshooting system problems and emergencies
- Installing, configuring, testing, maintaining and administering new and upgraded software applications and servers
- Providing network programming in support of specific business needs and requirements
- Preparing and maintaining procedures and documentation for system applications and resolution of faults, enhancements and modifications to applications, and maintenance instructions
- Participating in the evaluation of new equipment and conduct server installation and configuration
- Conducting problem analysis and resolving server software and hardware problems
- Managing and optimising server and network attached storage
- Maintaining technologies (including user access, access policies, etc.) to ensure server security
- Performing server and security audits, and system backups and recovery using Veeam
You will need to be a natural collaborator, able to build and maintain effective relationships with our customers and key colleagues from other teams, be comfortable working within a demanding and time critical environment, be adaptable and technically competent to resolve complex problems.
Ideally you will have a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar level experience gained within a technology company delivering complex technology services and even better if you have experience within the health tech sector.
To apply please submit a fully detailed CV highlighting your relevant skills and experience together with your salary requirements.