Project Support Officer
Are you highly organised, obsessive about detail and enjoy encouraging others to deliver their tasks by due dates? We are looking for a Project Support Officer to assist us with our software deployments into live customer environments.
We have several live deployments in flight, and you will support our Project Managers and deployment team by ensuring that the appropriate documents, protocols and reporting structures are in place to manage our deployments in line with our contracted delivery dates.
Ideally you will have already supported major software implementation projects within the NHS and familiar with formal project management methodologies, even better if you have a Prince 2 or similar qualification and experience of working within Pathology laboratories.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining programme and project management structures, frameworks, and tools and supporting project managers and other colleagues to use these consistently and effectively
- Maintaining central project records and establishing project controls, contributing to the development of programme and project documentation including:
- resourced project plans including allocation of work packages
- project highlight reports
- identification and logging of issues & risks including appropriate escalation protocols
- project reporting including status reports, RAID logs and project dashboards
- tracking and analysis of spend against budget across the full project portfolio
- Briefing the Programme Manager in relation to project status
- Providing secretariat to Programme and Project Boards as needed and attending project team meetings
- Providing flexible, hands-on delivery support and assisting with effective communication between project management and the business
- Managing professional relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and act as lead point of contact for some external parties
- Establishing benefits log and monitoring benefits realisation
- Overseeing project closure and lessons learned
- Providing training and guidance to colleagues across the organisation to develop capabilities