Software Support Technician
Are you an experienced IT support technician and looking for your next challenge? If so, then you may the person we are looking for to join our operations team based in Sunderland.
Our Support Team support the deployment and implementation of our software into our customer’s environments and General Practice Surgeries.
You will need to be an effective problem solver and able to communicate technical information to a wide range of stakeholders. You should be quality focused and understand how technical solutions scale to meet both current and future capacity. You will be investigating incidents with the company’s software products via phone and remote support tools.
- Reduction of outstanding incidents by site/type
- Effective management of escalated incidents
- Successful completion of service ticket (success criteria defined for each release)
- Effective work as a team
- Measurable contribution to continuous improvement activities
- Useful contribution to sales response and sales information
- Utilising systems and structure to ensure time is best utilised.
- Lead or take part in regular telephone conferences with the customers addressing issues raised.
- Keeping accurate and up to date issue logs for customer telephone conferences.
- Participate in the support handover of new projects/products from the Development Team.
- Provide input to specifications for software solutions, workarounds, new products, support tools and other software products and services.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Requirements
The following technical expertise is required:
- Ability to plan and organise daily, weekly, and monthly support activities in a logical manner, ensuring all customers receive support services.
- Ability to develop simple support scripts and support tools for internal use, using .net, VB, etc.
- Experience of planning and organising large volume installations/rollout and upgrades for customers, producing e customer and management reports on progress.
- Experience of direct liaison with customers in telephone conferences or meetings.
- Excellent telephone manner and customer care skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft based PC and server operating systems with emphasis on typical windows operating systems in use.
- Proven network experience in troubleshooting/diagnostics of TCP/IP, IP Config, DNS, firewalls, permissions, etc.
- Good understanding of PC and common server hardware set-up and configuration.
- Good knowledge and understanding of how software applications work, being able to understand and differentiate between the files and components required for them to operate.
- Ability to troubleshoot complicated technical issues using only remote connection facilities or over the telephone.
- Hands on approach and a willingness to learn.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- General IT qualifications or
- GCSE Mathematics and English Language.
Please apply with a fully detailed CV together with your salary expectations