Technical Operations Manager (IT Service Delivery)
Are you an experienced IT Service Delivery Manager with expert knowledge of how to integrate healthcare software into live customer environments? If so then we would like to hear from you.
Our Technical Operations Manager is responsible for our operations engineering team who deliver, implement and service our software products within live customer environments.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team the Technical Operations Manager is responsible for leading, motivating, managing and developing our operations engineering team who support the delivery of software products and services into live customer environments.
- Ensuring software and services are delivered in accordance with project deliverables, timescales and agreed service levels
- Implementing a continuous improvement mindset, identifying & prioritising opportunities for automation and improvements within implementation methodology, reduction of cost and improvements to quality and time to market with a clear ROI
- Constantly improving service levels, system performance and reliability for critical customer systems – this may involve redefining best practice frameworks, evolving automation solutions and streamlining the delivery of software
- Managing resource capacity across multi-disciplined technical teams
- Leading the of Agile methodology across the technical delivery teams
- Owning service delivery issues escalated through our customer issue resolution process through to successful resolution
- Ensuring Cyber Security considerations form part of every process and procedure and alignment with our Group Cyber Security protocols
- Producing a customer estate management roadmap – defining the improvement plan for each customer together with risk mitigation, resource commitment and potential cost for improvement and/or rectification
- Producing a training needs analysis, skills matrix and individual development plans for all team members to improve their technical capability and keep their skills up to date.
- Building a strong team ethic that collaborates across the business with a forward-thinking continuous improvement mindset.
Essential Skills and Experience
You will need
- An in-depth understanding of infrastructure, the delivery and integration of software into customer systems and the use of automation tools across both Linux and Microsoft platforms.
- A degree in IT, Computer Science or related subject (or equivalent experience gained within the workplace
- At least 5 years management experience gained within multi-skilled technical teams
- Demonstrable experience of delivering efficiencies through technology and process improvement
- Vendor Management of 3rd party suppliers
- Linux, Opensource products and Microsoft technical stacks
- Automation tools, e.g. Ansible
- Estate Management tools – Monitoring, CMDB
- Cloud Technologies – AWS
- Database Technologies, Postgres, MSSQL Server, Oracle
- Knowledge of the NHS and Secondary Care clinical systems
- Familiarity with:
- Agile, ITIL, Prince II methodologies
- Source control
- Managed services with rigid SLAs for critical 24×7 systems
- ISO27001, ISO9001 and other quality standards
- Cyber Security, Cyber essentials
If you would like to apply for any of our roles, email our People Team at email@example.com. Please include the role you would like to apply for, covering note and CV.