Wellbeing Software and Annalise Partner to Deliver Decision-Support AI for Chest X-Rays
Our AI Connect Marketplace has grown again with the introduction AI specialist annalise.ai who will be delivering an AI-powered, decision-support tool for chest x-ray that can identify 124 different clinical findings.
Annalise CXR is a comprehensive modality solution that is CE marked for use as a medical device in the EU, works by assisting clinicians with the interpretation of radiological imaging studies.
Annalise CXR’s key features include:
- Analysing up to three images per study including frontal and lateral images, Annalise CXR correlates findings across multiple views.
- Built by clinicians who understand the importance of avoiding disruptions to the workflow, Annalise CXR’s customisable UI integrates seamlessly into PACS and RIS.
- The development of the breadth and depth of Annalise CXR’s ontology tree was a clinically driven process, intended to select a comprehensive list of findings that would be most clinically necessary and helpful to clinicians.
- The confidence bar displays the likelihood of the finding and uncertainty of the AI model assisting clinicians to interpret with confidence.
- Annalise CXR’s AI algorithm was trained on over 750,000 studies. Chest x-rays were sourced from broad datasets from three continents, including CXR machine equipment and manufacturers, departmental and portable imaging, patient demographics, and inpatient and outpatient groups.
- Annalise CXR was trained and validated on datasets hand-labelled by a group of 148 radiologists. Each case in the validation study was reviewed by three thoracic subspecialist radiologists.
annalise.ai CEO and Co-Founder Dimitry Tran said: “An accelerated growth in medical imaging has increased demand on radiologists and healthcare providers to diagnose patients accurately and at speed. That is why we have partnered with radiology workflow and integration specialist Wellbeing Software to give clinicians the tools they need to blend clinical thinking and technological capabilities and create meaningful change.”
annalise.ai is the latest radiology AI vendor to join Wellbeing’s AI Connect Marketplace, having chosen to integrate their technology through Wellbeing’s AI Connect gateway, which allows hospitals to embed their chosen algorithms into their radiology workflow, no matter what RIS or PACS they’re running.
Chris Yeowart, General Manager, Business Development at Wellbeing Software added: “At Wellbeing we’re excited to work with innovative companies like annalise.ai who assist clinicians to interpret with confidence. Their algorithm provides comprehensive, AI-driven, CXR clinical interpretation support, validated by datasets and labelled by a group of 148 radiologists – this intensive process sees that each label meets standardised definitions recognised by thoracic specialist radiologists. We’re excited to be able to offer this to the market and look forward to working with them”.